EVENING TOUR – Escape the light pollution of the city and go with us outside Reykjavik to see the amazing northern lights. Limited seats available
When conditions are favorable we head out to search for the Aurora Borealis, often called the Northern Lights.
We limit the group size to approximate 30 persons per group to be able to give you a better and a more personal experience. We do not squeeze you to a 65+ person bus.
We head in the direction with the most chances of seeing Northern Lights, escaping the light pollution of the city. Our guides will teach you some factors about the Northern Lights on the way and tell you some Icelandic folklore about ghosts, elves, trolls etc. that linger in the mysterious dark landscape.
This might be a long night so we bring with us Kleina (Icelandic twisted doughnut) for you to bite on as well hot chocolate to warm you up during the wait for the lights.
NOTE: Dress extremely well, preferably in layers. Bring a hat and gloves and wear thick socks. (Gunnar´s Grandmothers advice: Being cold equals misery)
• The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon. Sightings cannot be guaranteed even if the tour is operated
• We decide between 17:30 and 18:00 every day if the conditions are favorable to operate the tour. Please call us at +354 5511166 on the day you are booked on to see if the tour is running that day
• Pictures do not always reflect actual experience/sightings
• The Northern Lights Bus tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions and we reserve the right to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer the trip again for free!
• If you book a northern lights bus tour but conditions do not allow us to run the tour during your stay. You will receive a full refund.
Departures are from the Harpa concert and Conference Hall downtown Reykjavik with Sterna Travel