Dettifoss waterfall (Europe´s most powerful waterfall) • Hverarönd in Námaskarð (hot spring area) • Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters area) • Unique lava formations in Dimmuborgir • Mývatn Nature Baths • Grjótagjá Rift (Game Of Thrones) • Travel in a small group
Lake Mývatn and the surroundings is a must see while exploring the north!
We start from the information center at Lake Mývatn, the lake was created by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago, and the surrounding landscape is dominated by volcanic land-forms, including lava pillars and rootless vents. We stop in Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters) on the way to the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir which are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Mývatn area. We also go to Grjótagjá Rift, an old natural bathing spot filled with naturally heated water coming out of a rift. We will stop at Selfoss waterfall and Dettifoss, one of the most powerful waterfall in Europe.
You get the chance to take a bathe in the geothermal water. After the stop in the Nature baths we drive you back to Information center in Mývatn.
Small group: We limit the group size to be able to give you a better and a more personal experience.
• Skútustaðagígar pseudo craters (formed in volcanic activity)
• Dimmuborgir (Dark castle) unbelievable lava formations in all shapes and sizes. Not to miss while in Iceland!
• Grjótagjá Rift, an old natural bathing spot filled with naturally heated water coming out of a rift (Love cave in Game Of Thrones)
• Hverarönd in Námaskarð (hot spring area)
• Dettifoss waterfall (Europe´s most powerful waterfall)
• The Nature baths of Mývatn, the blue lagoon of the North. Enjoy the bath or relax at Kvika Restaurant.
(entrance fee to the nature baths is not included, bring swimsuits and towels)
Included: Transportation and Guide, Pick up upon a request
Departure: Information center Reykjahlíð, Mývatn 10:15 AM
Not included: Refreshments and entrance to Mývatn Nature Baths
Bring with you: Swimsuits and a towel. If you don’t have swimsuits it can be rented.
Note: Tour is weather and road conditions. This may result in change of schedule or cancellation of the tour.
Other days in request firstname.lastname@example.org