A full day where you understand, feel and experience the variety of Icelandic nature with our partner Sterna Travel. A classic Golden Circle tour where you learn about volcanoes, hot springs, earthquakes and renewable energy
The golden circle is one of Iceland’s most visited attraction and is an instant classic. We add more value to this tour by visiting a Geo Thermal energy exhibition and make two extra stops during the tour that often are overlooked by other tour companies.
We start the day by exploring the largest Geo thermal plant in Iceland the Hellisheiði geothermal plant. In the geothermal energy exhibition at Hellisheiði you learn about volcanoes, hot springs, earthquakes and energy utilization through multimedia shows and guidance.
After the Energy exhibition we continue the journey to explore the small waterfall of Faxi, the grand waterfall of Gullfoss, the erupting hot spring of Geysir area and the Þingvellir national park in Iceland where Europe and N-America is being uplled apart right in front of your eyes.
Our guides have stories in abundance about strange Icelanders, folklore, history and general life in Iceland. A tour not to be missed while visiting Iceland!
We explore the natural features of:
• The beautiful waterfall of Faxi
• The volcanic Crater Kerid, a nice picture stop of the crater.
• The mighty Gullfoss waterfall where you can walk all the way up to the waterfall.
• The Geysir area where the Strokkur hot spring shoots water up to 25 meters in the air (erupting hot spring guarantee).
• The Þingvellir national park. Iceland´s oldest national park, where the old Viking parliament was established and the tectonic plates are slowly being pulled apart right in front of your eyes.
• Surprise stop along the way depending on your guides preferences!
NOTE: Short, easy walks on the sites visited. Recommended to dress warm because the weather in Iceland can change in the matter of minutes.
8:50 AM every day from Harpa concert Hall, downtown Reykjavík. Pick up from accommodation in Reykjavik starts 30 minutes before departure.
Bus tour, English speaking guide, Pick up and drop of at accommodation in Reykjavík.
Meals and beverage ( we make a lunch stop at Gullfoss café or the Geysir area). Admission to Geothermal energy exhibition at Hellisheiði plant (700 ISK / appr. USD 5 / Euro 4)
8:50 AM every day from Harpa concert Hall downtown Reykjavík. Pick up from accommodation in Reykjavik starts 30 minutes before departure.
CLOSED OUT DAYS:
December: 25th (public holiday). January 1st (public holiday).