From Reykjavík: Star Travel will take you to places not seen by the tourists in the big lorries. In our small groups we can bring you to see the most delicate and secluded spots in Iceland, truly unique in the world and show you the best our country has to offer.
The Golden Circle tour gives you the opportunity to see geology of Thingvellir National Park, Geysir hot spring area and the waterfall, Gullfoss (the Golden Waterfall) and it is many things to see along the way.
Small group: We limit the group size to be able to give you a better and a more personal experience.
• First stop Hellisheiðarvirkjun ( Geothermal Power Plant )
• Kerið ( a volcanic crater lake )
• Faxi ( Waterfall )
• Geysir (geothermal area) You will see the geyser Strokkur bursts into the air every 4-8 minutes. Here you can buy lunch at nice restaurants.
• Gullfoss waterfall (Iceland’s most famous waterfall)
• Þingvellir National Park. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. ( where the tectonic plates of two continents divide) Almannagjá is a fissure formed as the tectonic plates of the earth’s crust have separated, so that tourists can clearly see the evidence of continental drift.
Included: Pick up in Reykjavik, English guided jeep tour. Arrival time in Reykjavik around 18:00
Not included: Lunch (We stop where you can buy lunch)
Note: This tour depends on weather and road conditions, changes to the itinerary might happen with short notice.
We recommend you bring:
Warm clothes, Good shoes, Gloves, Water bottle and it´s good to bring also some Light snacks.
Duration: 8-9 hours. Departure 9:00am